Monday, May 2, 2011

My First Fondant Covered Cake!!

SO i had a client contact me to ask if i could make a white choc mud cake for her daughters christening and showed me a pic of what she was after.... I freaked out! I have been lucky enough to have stayed away from fondant covered cakes until now. lol
I had tried once before for my daughters birthday cake but it was 42 degrees and the power had gone out so i had no air conditioning so the humidity was threw the roof and i gave up before i even started. So when i saw this cake i thought it was worth the challenge. And if it turned out to be a flop i new i was not meant to work with fondant again!

Anyway it all worked out! I love this cake! Im sure i have gain quite a few more grey hairs from doing it but it was worth it. Might even have the confidence now to try and make another fondant cake!!
Enjoy!
Rach xx














No comments:

Post a Comment